top of page
shutterstock_1033850866 (1) (2).jpg

No stress,
simple divorce.

No fuss application, no complications online.

If you are like most of our clients, you are looking for a simple, cost effective way to finalise your relationship without going to Court or engaging expensive lawyers!

Like a stitch in time, it is helpful to speak to an experienced separation lawyer before things get bad to give you confidence to protect your interests and step forward with peace of mind.

We also offer flexible payment arrangements for those who want to proceed with a divorce application, but need more time to save the funds.


It is worth noting that parenting, property and spousal maintenance are considered seperately to a divorce under the provisions of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).

Let us help you today.

I just wished if I could have started my journey with Joshua, things

would have been a [lot] less painful.

... stop wasting your valuable time and money with other Law firms.


~ direct quote from another satisfied client.

Imagine what your next season holds.

DG Family Law will assist you to finalise your divorce online without delay, hidden costs or complicated language. You can rest assured that we have dealt with many complicated and difficult divorce matters, including parties evading service, people located overseas or people with marriages from other countries, such as India, China or Sri Lanka.

Practice Areas


Can I get divorced?

If you have been seperated for 12 months and are either an Australian citizen, live in Australia or regard Australia as your permanent home, you can generally apply for a divorce.


If the marriage has broken down irretrievably, the divorce is not opposed and there are no children under 18, we can assist you to obtain a very quick and easy online divorce.

If you do have children under 18 from the relationship, you will be required to attend the Divorce hearing.


What is document service?

Once you have filed a Sole Application for Divorce, you will need to serve (deliver or bring to the notice of) the sealed application on your ex-partner.


You will know that the document is sealed because it will have the red stamp of the court along with the court hearing date and time.


The documents must be served on the other side more than 28 days before the court hearing (or 42 days if located overseas).


Make an initial appointment direct with a family lawyer to discuss your situation, obtain preliminary legal advice and how to proceed with your online application.

We will then proceed to draft and finalise your Application for Divorce before filing it online with the Court and serving it on the other side.

Once the divorce Application has been filed with the Court, you are required to serve the sealed documents on the other side. We typically engage a process server to assist with this service.



What about the children?

Although the Court ensures that the children are cared for before granting a divorce order, parenting arrangements are considered seperately before the Courts and may need to be formalised in a parenting plan or parenting orders.

The court may enquire as to the current parenting arrangements, financial support and the education and health status of the children at your divorce hearing.


Do I have to go to Court?

Once the online Divorce Application has been filed, a hearing date will be set within the next 8 to 12 weeks.

If you have children under the age of 18 or your spouse is opposing the divorce application, you will generally be required to attend Court (or get a lawyer to assist you on your behalf).

If your divorce application is granted, it takes effect one month plus a day after the Court hearing date. You are then free to legally remarry if you so wish!


What about our property?

While you are not required to obtain a formal property settlement from a Court, you may apply for a property settlement from the Court at any time.


If you obtain a divorce, you must apply to obtain a property settlement from the Court within 12 months. If you did not want to go through the Court, you may also obtain a Binding Financial Agreement with legal assistance.

Let us assist you today.

bottom of page